The 2015 BTRDA Rally Series
In 2015, The REIS RAVENOL BTRDA® Rally Series, already recognised as the most popular rally championship in the UK, will become the UK's premier Forest Rally Championship. There have been some major sponsorship developments for 2015 as lubricant manufacturer RAVENOL UK will join insurance specialists REIS as joint sponsors of the series, the Kick Start Energy drink brand will take over as title sponsor of the 1400 Championship, Vital Equipment will become the sponsor of the Rally First Championship and Hyundai Powergen will sponsor the revised BTRDA Production Cup.
The REIS RAVENOL BTRDA® Rally Series is split into four distinct championships:
• The REIS RAVENOL BTRDA Gold Star® Championship which is open to all cars over 1400cc
• The REIS RAVENOL BTRDA Silver Star® Championship which is for two wheel drive cars over 1400cc
• The Kick Start 1400 Championship for cars up to 1400cc, running in advance of the main field
• The Vital Equipment Rally First Championship for standard production cars up to 1600cc, also running in advance of the main field.
BTRDA® Rally First has been one of the successes of the BTRDA® Rally Series and this low cost category for 'standard' cars has three categories: up to 1000cc, 1001cc - 1400cc and 1401cc to 1600cc. Registered competitors in the BTRDA Rally First Championship receive a discount of £50 on their entry fee for each event. In addition, the overall Rally First Champion driver will receive three free Rally First entries in 2016 and each class winner will receive 2 free Rally First entries in 2016
The Hyundai Powergen BTRDA Production Cup, the BTRDA Historic Cup and MG ZR Challenge will also continue in 2015.
In each Championship, competitors score points on six of the first eight events entered. The inclusion of a new event, the Carlisle Rally, provides bit of a re-fresh and an excellent geographical spread of events.
All events will have a 1 hour programme dedicated to Gold and Silver Star competitors on both Motors TV and Freeview. This will be supplemented by an additional 30 minute programme solely for the Kick Start 1400 and Vital Equipment Rally First Championships. Throughout the year TV coverage is expected to provide over seventy hours of available viewing.
Additional support for the REIS RAVENOL BTRDA Rally Series has been secured from Mintex, Revolution Wheels and Patterson's Pacenotes.
For more information about the BTRDA® Rally Series and all the events go to: www.btrdarally.com
The 2015 Championship Calendar provides a choice of 9 Classic Nat B forest rallies.
- 14 Feb Wyedean Forest Rally - Chepstow/Forest of Dean
- 7 Mar Malcolm Wilson Rally - Cockermouth/Lake District
- 18 Apr Somerset Stages - Minehead/North Somerset
- 16 May Plains Rally - Welshpool/West Wales
- 13 Jun Carlisle Rally - Longtown/Kielder Forest West
- 11 July Nicky Grist Stages - Builth Wells/Mid Wales
- 5 Sept Woodpecker Stages - Ludlow/Shropshire
- 26 Sept Trackrod Rally - Pickering/Yorkshire
- 17 Oct Cambrian Rally - Llandudno/North Wales
The increasingly popular MSA English Rally Championship promoted by the BTRDA, continues in 2015 and is exclusively for 2 wheel drive cars up to a maximum of 2 litres. It retains the ‘class based' format so that the overall MSA English Rally Champions can come from any of the 5 classes. There are 7 qualifying English Forest events spread throughout the year with the best 5 scores to count, making it an ideal forest rally championship for crews on a limited budget.
The MSA English Rally Championship runs alongside the BTRDA Rally Series on 6 events.
For more information about the English Rally Championship go to www.englishrally.co.uk
The BTRDA Rally Challenge
This is an exciting opportunity for competitors wishing to compete on a new mixed surface championship. The Challenge will comprise 4 events from the REIS RAVENOL BTRDA Forest Rally series and three events from the MSA Asphalt Championship. To score points competitors will need to register for either the Forest Series or the Asphalt Series and compete on at least two events from each championship.
For more information on the BTRDA Rally Challenge open the pdf below.