The 2014 BTRDA Rally Series
The REIS BTRDA® Rally Series, now in its 61st year, is recognised as the most popular rally championship in the UK. The major news for 2014 is that Morris Lubricants of Shrewsbury will take over as the sponsor of the 1400 Championship.
The REIS BTRDA® Rally Series is split into four distinct parts:
- The REIS Gold Star® Championship which is open to all cars over 1400cc
- The REIS Silver Star® Championship which is for two wheel drive cars over 1400cc
- The Morris Lubricants BTRDA® 1400 Championship for cars up to 1400cc, running in advance of the main field
- The BTRDA® Rally First Championship for standard production cars up to 1600cc
BTRDA® Rally First has been one of the successes of the BTRDA® Rally Series and this low cost category for 'standard' rally cars has three categories; up to 1000cc, 1001 to 1400cc, and 1401 to 1600cc. Registered competitors in the BTRDA® Rally First Championship also receive a discount of £50 on their entry fee for each event. In addition, the overall Rally First champion driver will receive three free Rally First entries in 2015, and each class winner will receive two free Rally First entries in 2015.
The BTRDA® Historic Cup and MG ZR Challenge will continue in 2014.
In each championship, competitors score points on six of the first eight events entered. This format provides an excellent geographical spread of events and gives competitors an improved selection of events on which to compete.
All events will have a dedicated 1 hour programme dedicated to Gold and Silver Star® on Motors TV and this will be supplemented after each event by a 30 minute programme solely for the 1400 Championship and Rally First. Throughout the year, TV coverage is expected to provide over seventy hours of available viewing.
Additional support for the REIS BTRDA® Rally Series has been secured from Mintex, Revolution Wheels, Vital Equipment and Kick Energy.
For more information about the BTRDA® Rally Series and all the events go to: www.btrdarally.com
The 2014 Championship Calendar provides a choice of 9 Classic Nat B forest rallies.
- 15 Feb Wyedean Forest Rally - Chepstow/Forest of Dean
- 8 Mar Malcolm Wilson Rally - Cockermouth/Lake District
- 12 Apr Somerset Stages - Minehead/North Somerset
- 17 May Plains Rally - Welshpool/West Wales
- 7 Jun Dukeries Rally - Southwell/Sherwood Forest
- 12 July Nicky Grist Stages - Builth Wells/Mid Wales
- 30 Aug Woodpecker Stages - Ludlow/Shropshire
- 27 Sept Trackrod Rally - Pickering/Yorkshire
- 18 Oct Cambrian Rally - Llandudno/North Wales
The increasingly popular MSA English Rally Championship continues in 2013 and is exclusively for 2 wheel drive cars up to a maximum of 2 litres. It retains the ‘class based' format so that the overall English Rally Champions can come from any of the 5 classes. There are 7 qualifying English Forest events spread throughout the year with the best 5 scores to count, making it an ideal forest rally championship for crews on a limited budget.
The MSA English Rally Championship runs alongside the BTRDA Rally Series on 6 events.
For more information about the English Rally Championship go to www.englishrally.co.uk